Career Change Using Ten Steps To Job Searching
- Update your CV or Resume, ensuring that you highlight your achievements rather than the duties of earlier posts.
- Update your social media profiles in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with professional information. Ensure that you have modified privacy settings and engage with employers in a constructive way during your career change.
- Write an action plan for your job search. This will help you stay on task and be committed to your goals.
- Identify jobs that use your passion, talents, skills and experience.
- Take career tests to find out about your skills and brush up where necessary. Be confident and relaxed.
- Identify employers by asking friends, relatives, etc. to help you find job openings. Network intelligently to change your career.
- Sign up with on line and off line recruitment agencies. When ready to begin your job search submit a resume or CV online. Contact employers. Review job announcements to determine how your skills apply to the opening.
Prepare a cover letter that can be amended for each post you apply for during your career change. Make sure certificates and ID documents are readily available. Customize your CV/resume to better suit the job listing. Complete all application forms accurately and honestly.
- Prepare for the interview by learning about the company beforehand using internet research.
- Go to job interviews dressed appropriately. Be clean, concise and positive. Demonstrate your knowledge of the company and how you are the best candidate for their job. Be aware of your body language. Remember to thank the interviewer. Good luck with your career change!
If you would like my support on any aspect of your career change , go to www.careerchangeat40.com/services.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink